for our spring ’23 campaign, we packed our bags and headed to the beloved bahamian isle known for its pink sand and sherbet-colored cottages. to celebrate the launch of the new collection, we put together a list of our favorite places to stay, eat and visit during your next family vacation.
curated with our guest travel editor, lauren tulp cichocki of arbiter travel co.
a quintessential harbour island luxury hotel. the amanda lindroth-designed hideaway is complete with a pickleball court, a beachside swimming pool and it’s situated perfectly along pink sands beach. the coconut and hilltop cottages are perfect for families (fyi! the second bedroom has two twin beds.).
rent a house
there’s a list of darling options around the island. to name a few…
- tastemaker India Hicks rents out a few of her own properties within hibiscus hill
- beside the point is perfect for two families traveling together
- coral house will bring your picture-perfect beach house dreams to life
a local family-run boutique property located just a few doors down from the dunmore on pink sands beach. the owners have two small children, so they know how to cater to families visiting — including crib rentals! pro tip: guests can also take a boat for a daytrip to their sister property, the other side.
everything from the laid-back design to the food make this spot an island favorite. dinner reservations are a must (grab a sitter and have a drink at the bar before). the wait for the walk-in-only sunday brunch is worth it — you’ll be dreaming about the ricotta pancakes once vacation is over!
stop by for a bite even if you aren’t staying at the dunmore. lunch is more casual (you can come straight from the beach in a coverup), but dinnertime is a bit more buttoned-up.
a romantic date night awaits! you can’t go wrong with the view at sunset. check out their al fresco martini bar, known for their ice-cold martinis and frozen goombay smash.
a local favorite with incredible sushi, which can be enjoyed there or to-go. they also operate as a wine shop, so stock-up if you are taking your dinner home or on the beach.
they make the best conch salad on island. a great addition to a family beach picnic — be sure to ask for the less spicy option if ordering for your kids — it really packs the heat! the casual patio also makes for a great spot to play cards on a rainy afternoon…
located right on pink sand beach between the dunmore and ocean view club, it’s a simple beach chair rental hut — and a lifesaver for late-afternoon snacks for the children and goombay smash for the adults.
one thing for sure…the island doesn’t lack coffee shops! wake up early to grab breakfast for the whole family at our favorite spots.
- arthur’s bakery, the banana bread is a must
- bahamas coffee roasters, also come back for pizza during the day
cocoa coffee house, order online to beat the line (fyi this is one of the only coffee shops on the island with specialty milk!).
pink sands beach
the place where you’ll spend most of your time! we recommend stopping by the pink sands beach gift shop and dilly dally to pick-up boogie boards and beach toys. we also love to forage the sand for shells!
for the family who wants an adventure. there's no need to book in ahead of time — just flag them down on the beach and hop on!
rent a boat
need a change of scenery? rent a boat from one of our favorites: conch & coconut, michael’s cycles or romora bay. feel free to book on a whim since many places don’t require you to book in advance.
your trip isn’t complete until you visit the famous landmark that appeared years ago during hurricane andrew. it’s best to visit is during low tide, so time your trip perfectly. simply park your golf cart by the shore and walk out to the sand bar for family pictures — and let your little ones climb the branches.
romora bay resort & marina
rally the troops for sunset drinks and live music. fun for both parents and children — lookout for manatees drinking fresh water.
the island is known for its charming design and shopping scene. visit the…
- blue rooster for a beautiful collection of chic women’s clothes
- sugar mill, located right off the main dock, for a fabulous assortment of emerging designers and local favorites
- dake’s shoppe, a historic home restored into a curated boutique where you’ll find something for everyone in the family
- a&a hidden treasures, for handmade straw bags — the perfect souvenir
- bring cash for tipping and taxis from eleuthra airport to harbour island.
- rent a golf cart (or two), before you arrive since there are not many cars on the island. your hotel or house manager can help arrange this in advance.
- hire a babysitter through your hotel for date night or a day date!
- arrange a private beach family dinner with conch & coconut complete with a bonfire for any occasion
- leave the stroller at home — the roads are too bumpy, and the golf cart will be your main mode of transportation
boys calypso coral stripe boardie, sunnylife seaseaker underwater camera, girls abaco green paisley rashguard one piece, baby calypso coral botanic diaper bloomer cover, baby calypso coral botanic sun hat, men’s bahamian blue stripe boardie, women’s peri blue bikini top & high waisted bottoms, lack of color women’s vista brown hat