reports to: VP, Merchandising + Planning
direct reports: N/A
location: Charleston, SC (Hybrid, 3 days in office)
minnow is a founder-led, fast growing direct-to-consumer ("DTC") family lifestyle brand dedicated to creating quality products and inspiring special family experiences. Founded in 2016, our team is based in Charleston, SC. The company has focused on inspiring and encouraging family experience through classic and high-quality swim, and has recently expanded into additional children's, women's and men's categories.
The Associate Planner will be primarily responsible for analyzing, identifying and communicating sales and inventory opportunities and providing risk-mitigation recommendations for the category. In addition, the Associate Planner will be expected to meaningfully contribute to broader strategic and resource planning conversations across the company.
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to management and cross-functional team on a weekly basis
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Provide hindsight analysis and partner with merchandising/product on future product positioning and opportunities
- Manage basic inventory levels and forecast replenishment buys to support sales forecast
- Identify inventory risks and opportunities and work cross-functionally to solve
- Prepare pre-season plans; financial sales, merchandise margin, and inventory, consistent with the company's top-down goals
- Ownership of bottoms up SKU plans and buy quantification across category
- Prepare monthly merchandise re-projections including analytical activities to understand health of categories and actions leading to profitable inventory management
- Monthly & Seasonal hind-sight responsibilities including SKU productivity and sell-through analysis
This candidate should have 2+ years of dedicated planning experience and supporting an OTB, and presenting it to senior management and cross-functional partners.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel – pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements: sales, gross margin, weeks of supply, inventory turn, sell through, etc. and how to impact them
- Ability to negotiate with and influence peers, members of a cross-functional team, and management
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to articulate trends, results & strategy based on data analysis and present appropriate adjustments to merchandising plans accordingly
- Growth- oriented, ability to prioritize among shifting priorities, enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Resilient; admits mistakes, moves quickly to course correct
- Exemplifies and articulates the minnow values: values the role of connecting families.
3+ weeks PTO Plan (PLUS 2 Bonus weeks off in July + December 'minnow-cations) Total of 5 weeks
Hybrid, 3 days in office + 2 remote
Medical, dental, + vision insurance
Generous Employee Discount + Complimentary Product