location: charleston, sc
we are looking for an extremely detailed and organized, positive, proactive production coordinator to help join our growing team in Charleston, SC. we are excited to have a production coordinator to jump in and help support our current product lines and keep us organized! See below for responsibilities and experiences we are looking for.
- establish and manage trading and production calendar and ensure dates are met while providing visibility to internal partners. Establish deadlines for photo shoot samples and coordinate scheduling of these dates with vendors.
- maintain clear tracking of all lab dyes, prints, trims and samples with all vendors. Updating any style changes as info is received from the tech design and merch teams.
- vetting and communicating comments on trims and samples effectively internally and with vendors while maintaining strict timing deadlines.
- develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with design/merch team regarding changes, discrepancies, approvals etc.
- manage final approvals pending to proceed to bulk at time of line hand off to accommodate production calendar.
- R&D capabilities: Develop raw materials with suppliers based on design direction and negotiate material costs as needed per target prices provided by Merch team. Finalize costings with vendors in accordance with calendar requirements.
- review management of tech packs, line sheets and product to ensure continuity and brand development.
- submit Pos to vendors in accordance with timelines outlined in calendar.
- understand and communicate any potential production or quality issues with vendors and internal team.
- review and communicate style/material minimums, lead times and early commits to merch team.
- fabric & trim library creation: record current fabric inventory in OC including all fabrics used and new fabric development. maintain record of all trims, labels and packaging to ensure consistency and innovation.
- properly code and plan shipments to vendors for accounting/budget purposes. manage logistics and shipping of bulk orders with freight forwarder
- manage quality control process and testing requirements and updates
skills & qualifications:
- bachelor’s degree
- must be proficient in Microsoft office, word, excel and outlook
- working knowledge of apparel and experience with textiles
- understanding of tech packs and apparel technical communication required.
- ability to work efficiently with strong time-management skills
- strong communication skills and extremely detail-orientated
- ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
- ability to self-prioritize workflow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-pressured environment.
- possess a can-do attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves and help!
- hybrid role (in-office Charleston and remote work environment)
- benefits - medical, dental, vision and 401K
- generous employee discounts and occasional perks
email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “production coordinator and include your resume